Friday, February 3, 2012

CROCK POT STEEL-CUT OATMEAL


I found a way to eat Steel-Cut Oats every day for breakfast. When I'm up early for our morning walk I don't have much time to cook breakfast. Steel-cut oats take 30 to 40 minutes to cook, but this recipe is awesome. Just put a few ingredients in the crock pot and walk away. Five hours later your daily breakfast is ready! Once a week I cook a batch and put it in the fridge. Every morning I scoop out a cup of oats, add some non-fat milk and microwave it for about 45 seconds. Give it a good stir to beak it up and then add a handful of blueberries, half a banana, and some agave nectar. A great nutritional breakfast in only one minute.


CROCK POT STEEL-CUT OATMEAL

1 cup steel-cut oatmeal
1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
1-1/2 cups water

2 tsp. ground flax seed (optional)

Spray the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray. Add all ingredients and stir.

Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours depending on your crock pot.

Add any garnish that you like; chopped nuts, brown sugar, raisins, additional milk or butter.
I add blueberries, banana, and agave syrup.


No comments: