Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ROSEMARY GARLIC PARMESAN BISCUITS


It was raining on Sunday and I didn't feel like shopping. We were having chili for dinner but I wanted a little something with it. I had a box of Heart Smart Bisquick in the pantry and I remembered a recipe I had saved to try.

These were great. I love this biscuit recipe. **Quick and Easy** You can change it around to use whatever you have handy. Don't have fresh garlic? Use powdered or granulated. No rosemary? Use any herb you like. No Parmesan? Any cheese will work and I think a cheddar cheese would be even better.


ROSEMARY GARLIC PARMESAN BISCUITS

2 TBSP. salted butter, melted
1 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 TBSP. fresh chopped rosemary
2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
3 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup fat free milk (or regular milk)

Preheat oven to 400~. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Melt butter in a small pan, add oil and half the garlic. Saute on low heat about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add chopped rosemary.

In a large bowl, combine Bisquick mix, Parmesan cheese, and remaining garlic. Stir in milk and mix (do not over mix). Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes. Brush or drizzle biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 5 minutes more, or until lightly browned on bottom.

Makes 14 biscuits.

No comments: