Friday, March 25, 2011

REUBEN PANINIS



Reuben Paninis....uh huh...isn't that why we cook Corned Beef? That's why I cook it. Once or twice a year I indulge in these scrumptious sandwiches. But, OH NO...I forgot to buy sauerkraut! These were super tasty anyway.

I melted butter and spread it on the outside of the Rye bread. Spread Thousand Island Dressing on the inside, added some thinly sliced Corned Beef, topped it with some sauerkraut (not) and some shredded Swiss Cheese. Seven minutes in a pre-heated Panini Press and I have my Irish-ish delight. If you don't have a Panini Press just put it in a grill pan or cast iron skillet and top it with another pan that is fairly heavy and grill for 3-4 minutes per side.

I made these again and used Gruyere Cheese instead of Swiss and it was just as good if not better. I like the consistency of the melted Gruyere a little better.

No comments: