Tuesday, March 22, 2011

CARNE ASADA TACOS




I love Carne Asada. This is  my go to taco when I just want something good on the table and FAST. I have made Carne Asada from scratch but lately I have been buying the packaged meat, already marinated and seasoned from Ralphs. It usually has about a three week sell by date so I like to keep one in the fridge for those nights when I just don't feel very creative. Trader Joes has a Carne Asada but I like Ralphs brand better.

I just quickly sear the meat in a hot cast iron skillet, and then cut it into small pieces. Warm some flour tortillas over the gas flame...


I LOVE this gas range :)

Top the tortilla with some meat, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and some sour cream that I added some chopped chipolte peppers to. And then a squeeze of lime.



Open and heat a can of black beans and you have dinner in 30 minutes!

No comments: