Saturday, January 1, 2011

THE CHRISTMAS SALMON

Oh...this was good. My friend Christine gave me the recipe (which really is a little of this and a little of that type of recipe) and it was so easy and so good.

I used Scottish Salmon. My new favorite salmon. There is so much goodness in this fish (aka fat) that it just melts in your mouth.

It is really great for a large gathering too. You can cook it early in the day or even the day before and then serve it at room temperature. I cooked it early Christmas morning, put it in the refrigerator and took it out about 1 hour before dinner. This is what I did.


Started with a 4.75 lb. Scottish Salmon. Then I took some foil, coated it with olive oil and put the salmon on top of it. I sprinkled the salmon with Lea & Perrins white wine Worcestershire sauce, white wine, soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon pepper, and fresh thyme. Wrapped the salmon in the foil and poked holes in the top of the foil. I put a rack on  a tray and cooked it at 350~ for 40 minutes.



Served it with a sauce of mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chopped dill. It was really good.

No comments: