Tuesday, November 2, 2010

IT'S NOVEMBER 2ND AND IT'S 86 DEGREES OUTSIDE.... HUH???


 It's fall and creeping up on winter. We are finally having the summer that escaped us this year. Yesterday screamed for a barbecue but last week when it was cool and even rainy we stocked up on some of my fall favorites. We found a beautiful Acorn Squash and some nice Sweet Potatoes at the Farmers Market. I decided to go for the fall meal despite the warm weather. I roasted the Acorn Squash and then stuffed it with herbs, dried cranberries, quinoa and spicy Italian turkey sausage. I topped it off with a mix of Panko breadcrumbs and grated asiago cheese. Ron, (my DH) said he wasn't really hungry when  he saw the squash. I think he couldn't wrap his head around the fall meal on a summer night. I asked him to at least take a nibble. He did, and after the first yum he finished the whole thing.
 

and it was healthy too...woo hoo!


No comments: